Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of School

The first day of school is always exciting.  As a kid, I always LOVED picking out my school supplies, arranging and rearranging them in my backpack until they fit perfectly.  I remember barely being able to sleep and being so excited to find out which of my friends were going to be in my new class.  I loved school -- all the way through my Masters program, I loved school.  Now it's my turn to watch my girls get excited about the first day of school.

Friday, Sophia started second grade and Anna started Kindergarten.  They were so excited they were up earlier than ever.  Sophia loves to sleep and in the summer barely made it out of bed before 8:30.  But on Friday, she was up at 6am, dressed and ready to go.  I'm not sure if she was more excited about starting second grade, or about showing Anna around.  She really enjoys being the big sister "in the know."  

We took the girls to school their first day and then let them ride the bus home.  Luckily, when we got there Sophia quickly found some good friends to snap a few pictures with. 

Then it was off to line up in the gym and head to their classes.  Anna looked a little nervous sitting at her desk coloring a picture, but she also was eager to get started. 

We all waited for Anna's bus to come home since we still have half day kindergarten here.  THANK YOU!!  She ran off the bus and couldn't stop smiling. 

Isabella was so excited to see her too.  They do love each other so much! 

Later, since it was 109 outside, we watched out the window and waited for Sophia to get off the bus. 

She, always more serious about school, had had fun but was really just ready for a snack.

They both wished they could go to school on Saturday.  Today they hopped on the bus and were off on their own.  Having two in school is a pretty new feeling.  And Isabella starts preschool two mornings a week pretty soon.  In a few short weeks, it will just be Sam and I on Monday and Wednesday mornings.  Oh the fun we will have!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment