Monday, August 29, 2011

Confession # 6: Sometimes we fail as parents.

This weekend has been crazy. Ridiculously busy and exhausting at the same time.  A few things around the house got put on the back burner.  Apparently properly parenting my children was one of those things. 

Anna lost her 2nd tooth on Saturday.  She was thrilled.  I had her put the tooth on the counter so we could get it ready for the tooth fairy.  Except, someone threw it away before we could do that.  Nice.  I wasn't going to tell her, so I found a crumb on the counter.  Classy, right?  I took the crumb, put it in an envelope and she put it under her pillow.  Except, the funny thing is, the tooth fairy totally forgot to come.  Ugghh.  She woke up this morning and ran up to show me that the envelope was still there and the tooth fairy never came.  Lovely.  I looked at her and said, "Well, you know what, I don't think the tooth fairy works on Sundays.  Most people have the day off.  We better try again tonight!"  Seriously.  Complete failure as a parent.  Poor kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment