Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I am not a fan of change.

Life as I know it may be over.  Okay, that may be a little dramatic.  But, something serious happened today that could change EVERYTHING! 

Sam, who is 30 months old, just got out of his bed and opened his door.  (Gasp!)  We put him in his big boy bed at two.  And for six months he hasn't gotten out of his bed.  Not once.  Not in the mornings when he's woken up.  Not after nap times.  He just woke up and cried and I would come get him or he laid around in his bed perfectly happy to wait until I came to get him.  But today, he left his room.  Not good.

Isabella did the same thing two years ago.  And once she realized that she could get out of bed and leave her room on her own....well, let's just say she enjoyed practicing her new skill.  Not in the middle of naps thank goodness.  But after putting her to bed she would get up multiple times.  She is the queen of needing to go to the bathroom one more time.  And, she now wakes up earlier and comes upstairs and crawls into bed with us - well me.  Chris is always up early these days doing homework.  I get up at the absolute last possible minute I can in order to get the kids up and ready and loaded onto the bus. 

So, as you can see, my life might possibly be changing.  I'm not looking forward to another one who gets back up after I put them into bed.  Maybe he'll forget.  Maybe he won't do it again for a LONG time.  Let's hope!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment