Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sleep.

I like to stay busy.  I'm not the type of person who can just sit down and relax.  I'd rather be doing something. With four kids, I never run out of things to do.  There's always dishes, laundry, and lots of cleaning.  It never ends.  So, unfortunately, when I sit down, I look around and see one giant "to do" list instead of my home.  Friday night was no exception. 

I worked at our local parents day out program for four hours and then came home and watched a friend's child for a few more.  My Mom dropped by and we went out to eat with her and my sister and her family -- all 11 of us.  By the time we had dinner and got the kids to bed, it was 8:30.  I sat down, read my nightly Bible reading and then grabbed a blanket and fell right asleep on the couch by 8:45pm.  Chris woke me up (dragged me up) an hour or so later, we kissed the kids and were fast asleep in our beds at 10pm.  I was so tired!   Usually we get to bed closer to midnight or later so being asleep before 9 was a welcome shock to the system.  So, while I'd like to say that we did something fun like a romantic date night or spent the evening at the high school home football game - I can't.  I can only say I slept.  And I'm so glad I did!  I'm thinking that should be a new Friday family tradition.  We'll see how that works out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment