Monday, March 26, 2012

An announcement...

Things are once again changing in the Moon household.  No, we're not moving, changing jobs, going back to school, or having a baby.  Though, over the last 11 years, we've had plenty of those types of announcements.  It seems like things are always changing....

And while this might not seem that significant to many of you, it is a very big milestone in our family.  Very.  Big.

The Moon family is officially closing the door on the diaper/pull-up stage of our lives.  WAHOO!!!   

Some of you might be thinking, gee, great, Sam is FINALLY potty trained.  Well, yes, he is.  He is finally wearing underwear day and night.  And as stubborn as he was about it - that in itself would have been worthy of celebrating.  But this is bigger news than that.  The Moon family is done using diapers and pull-ups.  DONE.  Big deal here, guys!   

You see, on May 5, 2003 Sophia entered our family and I began changing diapers. A lot of diapers.  As we added kids, we added more diapers to be changed.  And since our kiddos are all less than two years apart, for a lot of that time we had two kids in diapers at the same time.  And not just disposables.  Because, we didn't have a lot of money, so for atleast 3 1/2 of those years I was using cloth diapers. Let me tell you, that takes diaper changes to an entirely new level folks! 

So, if my calculations are correct, I changed diapers continuously for 8 years and 10 months.  Or 3,228 days.  Did you read that?  3,228 days of changing diapers!  That's not one diaper a day, that's more like 6-18 a day depending on how many kids were in diapers at the time.  Let's just take an average of 10 per day.  Do you want to know how many diapers that is?  Probably not, but I'm going to tell you.  32,280.  Now do you see why this is such a major milestone for our family? 

I'm thinking a party is in order.  Or a vacation.  Or, at least, a day trip.  Something.  Anything.  This is really big.  And I am super excited!!  And, yes, I realize that now that I'm making it "official,"  we'll probably suddenly have several accidents around here.  But I'm okay with that.  Because, after 8 years and 10 months -- 3,228 days and approximately 32,280 diapers, I. Am. Done.  Hooray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment