Thursday, October 8, 2009

Can you be a stay-at-home mom if you don't stay at home?


Welcome to my world! I am a 31 year-old stay-at home mom with a wonderful husband and 4 beautiful children. Some people want to be teachers, doctors, lawyers... I always wanted to be a mom. It is great- most of the time. I get tons of hugs and kisses and get to experience plenty of firsts. First time to crawl, walk, say "mama," break an arm, throw up, fall in a toilet. You know the routine. Lately, I've been so busy I've begun to wonder if you can really be called a stay-at-home mom if you're never at home. I get caught up being the PTO president, errand running, "to do list" toting mom that I don't spend that much time at home. Luckily, 3 out of my 4 still nap so I'm guaranteed to be at home every afternoon. I'm thinking, though, that maybe they should call it an "on-the-go" mom rather than a stay-at-home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment