Sunday, May 3, 2015

Our first river trip...and my first experience flipping a kayak!

Saturday, Chris' parents came to town for a quick visit so we got our kayaks out, rented a couple extra plus a canoe, and decided to head down the river.  We were told it was about an 8 1/2 mile stretch that would take 3 hours if you simply floated and less time depending on how fast you paddled.  It took us about 5 hours. And we paddled.  A lot. 

Here are a few pictures of our adventure.  I could only take pictures during the really calm waters, but they turned out pretty well considering I was trying to paddle and take pictures at the same time!  We had a great time and can't wait to try again! 






 Look at this little thing! So proud of Isabella for kayaking all by herself down the river. 






Kids are good helpers!
 
Swimming in the very cold river! 

And this picture is proof that the waterproof case I put my cell phone in is actually waterproof.  Because, you know, I tested that theory out by flipping my kayak and getting fully dunked into the river!  Thank goodness nobody else had a camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment