Saturday, August 2, 2014

Mushrooms? Um, yes please.

Okay, this is sort-of a weird post.  But, I'm okay with that.  My Kansas friends have told me they like seeing what we're doing here in Kentucky, so here goes! 

We go on a lot of hikes around here.  I think we've been on 17 different trails so far.  Sometimes, I get a little bored.  Don't get me wrong, the hikes are gorgeous.  It's like walking in a jungle not a forest - at least not a forest like you would find in Colorado which is really my only other frame of reference for hiking.  It's hard to describe with my Kansas brain, but I guess it's just ridiculously lush with all kind of plants that make you feel like you're in the tropical rain forest building at the zoo. Not kidding at all!  Seriously, the moss growing on the trees is amazing! 

But, sometimes the trails do start to feel similar after a while.  So I spend a lot of time really looking around.  What I've noticed on the last two trails we've been on is there are tons of mushrooms out there of all different shapes, colors and sizes.  So I started taking pictures.  Weird, I know, but you just don't grow up seeing these in Kansas!  So humor me a bit as I show you a few of the mushrooms I've seen lately. 
 

 

                                                 

 

                        


  

 Anybody know what this is??  It was rubbery like a mushroom. 











So, I know it's a little weird, but still...mushroom hunting helps keeps the kids from getting bored too!  And, honestly, I just never saw this back in Kansas!  


No comments:

Post a Comment