Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Clean the freakin house!

That's how I felt Sunday night.  Somebody, just clean the freakin house!  Oh, right.  That means me.  Our house has been getting smaller and smaller lately.  We have more than a few piles of things to put away -- to find a home for really.  There are piles all over the place.  Not that my house is a disaster (except the playroom, of course) but we just have so much stuff.  Too much stuff.  Most of it's junk anyways.  So, I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I'm lacking hours in the day. 

Saturday mornings Chris and I have been trying to take the kids out somewhere, walking in Sedgwick County park for a scavenger hunt, checking out the zoo, taking a longer than expected walk through the Great Plains Nature Center.  We're trying to spend more time doing the things we enjoy with the kids, but that means less time at home.  So, Saturday afternoon we try to squeeze in all our chores, we rest and do church activities on Sunday....and then it's Monday again.  So, weekends are out and now I've got to refocus my weekday time better. 

So, Sunday night I hastily wrote this sign and taped it to my kitchen cabinet, right above my laptop. 

It's my not-so-subtle reminder that I need to be tackling this house one room, and even one closet at a time.  Day 1:  I cleaned the laundry room, kitchen, dining room, coat closet and Isabella's closet.  Not bad.  Day 2....nothing yet.  Yikes, I better get moving.  I'm in the mood to purge and am starting to fill the trash bags and making plans for a Goodwill visit.  That always makes me feel good.  But, the weather is so nice out and the wind isn't bad.  It would be really easy to slip out back and read a book... But, as long as Day 2 remains blank, I better get to work.   Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment