Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fun at the Grocery Store

I know you're looking at this picture and wishing you were here with us!  Look at all the fun you missed!

I usually shop for at least one week at a time.  Sometimes, when I'm really organized, I can shop for a month (minus milk & fresh produce).  But since the kids have been out of school, it's been impossible.  During the school year, I had one in first grade and one in preschool a couple of mornings a week.  So, if I planned well, I only had to shop with two little helpers.  They were certainly enough of a handful!  But this summer I'm stuck!  I can't go in the evenings when Chris is home since we are at the ball fields most nights.  And the weekends are packed with everything we didn't have time for during the week. 

So, I took the kids to Dillons with the car shopping carts knowing that would entertain two of my crew.  They also have the mini shopping carts and I had the other two rotate pushing it.  This normally would work if we were doing it in the morning, but swimming lessons have gotten in the way of that.  So we were at Dillons at 5pm.   Most people there were grabbing enough ingredients for one meal -- and they gave me quite a few looks - most of them not so warm and fuzzy if you know I mean.  We took up a lot of space in the isles.  We were not exactly the best drivers.  And, we were a little loud.  But, I got everything on my list (a minor miracle in my book) and saved $26 with coupons.  So, I apologize to the teenage boy bagging up all my stuff, but I'm done and won't be back for at least a week!    

And maybe, just maybe, Chris will get a turn to take all four to the store for some serious shopping.  I'd love to see a picture of that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment