Monday, June 14, 2010

Sophia the Snake Handler

Saturday, we took the kids to the Great Plains Nature Center for their annual "Walk With the Wild" event.  The Nature Center is a great place for taking the kids on walks and Saturday they had 20-30 animal stations set up where the kids could view native animals, birds, reptiles & insects.  Some you could just look at up close like the owls, some you could touch like the craw fish and snakes.  Sophia LOVES animals of all sorts, but anything that I would consider creepy really captures her attention.  She's constantly asking me to google things on-line like sharks, vampire bats, and gross spiders.  I avoid snakes at all cost.  But Sophia was so excited to get to hold a bull snake.  She didn't want to leave.  I didn't want to watch.  I looked away. 

Yes, here she's petting it as it wraps it's body around her neck.  ICK!  All the kids loved the event  and if I would have remembered earlier they could have participated in a fishing clinic.  I guess there's always next year!  Or, since we back up to a pond, maybe we just need to carve out some fishing time with Daddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment