Saturday, March 23, 2013

March Madness Brackets - Moon Style

Chris and I always have a friendly little March Madness competition.  Last year I actually beat him.  It was a first.  And, I'll be honest.  It wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be because I filled out my bracket based solely on rankings.  Usually I follow my heart a little.  I root for some underdogs, pick teams based on their names, mascots, or school colors (seriously!) and don't pick some teams because I don't like that they usually win.  It's not the smartest way to fill out a bracket!  And I don't have a very good success rate, but it's more fun! 

This year I decided to have the girls play along with us.  Sam had no interest in it whatsoever.  I explained what all the numbers meant and they were off.  Sophia filled hers out based on a combination of their rankings and the number of games they've won.  This has Akron and Bucknell going pretty far!  She believes Gonzaga will beat Kansas in the championship game. 

Anna filled hers out solely based on the number of wins each team had during the season with only a few exceptions.  Again, Bucknell does really well making it to the elite 8.  She also has Gonzaga beating KU in the finals. 

Isabella was hilarious!  And it was so much fun helping her fill out her bracket.  She picked by the names she liked best.  St. Mary's made it to the final four, and Marquette and Iona were big favorites to win.  In the end, she has K-State beating KU for the championships.

Then Chris and I filled out our brackets.  I'm not sure his strategy but he has Gonzaga beating Miami in the end.   And I didn't have a clear strategy.  Some games I picked by their ranking, some by the games they've won, some because I like their name.  You know, important stuff.  I have Gonzaga beating Indiana.  We'll see how that goes. 

As of right now, I'm proud to say that I'm in the lead having picked 26 games successfully.  Chris is behind me with 24.  Sophia has 22, and Anna and Isabella both picked 19 games correctly.  That will all change though since I had Georgetown making it to the final four.  Not a good choice.  

I'll let you know how it goes.  So far, I'm lovin' it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment