Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Snowflake Wreath

This is the wreath I usually hang on my front door.  

I made it a couple of years ago with a million hand-cut felt circles and I really do love it. It's great to hang almost anytime of the year. And it's held up to our crazy Kansas weather.

But I wanted to make something new this year for winter. So I bought three packages of shatterproof snowflake ornaments from Hobby Lobby for 50% off. I could spend all day in that store!! And I got out my hot glue gun.

I started by taking the thickest/strongest snowflakes and glued them together.

Then I just slowly added more. When I was done, I added a white ribbon to the back. Presto. New wreath in 25 minutes.
It is a little lopsided as I am not a perfectionist at all.  And I thought about fixing it with some of my leftover snowflakes.  But, I really wasn't in the the mood, so maybe another day.  For now, I think it looks great!  Now we just need our first snow! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment