Sunday, October 9, 2011

Would you like cash back?

We were talking to the kids today at the lunch table about money.  The girls had mentioned wanting new winter coats because they simply liked another color better than last years' coats.  I explained that we bought new coats if they outgrew the old ones or if they were beginning to fall apart (which happens when you have three girls who pass clothes down to each other).  We don't buy new things just because we want them.  Big bummer!

I was telling them how we are trying really hard to spend less money and save more so we can do fun things like go on summer vacations and REALLY fun things like pay all of our bills.  Anna, my six year-old, just looked at me and asked me "when you're at the store why don't you just say yes when they ask if you want cash back?"  Problem solved in her sweet little mind.   They offer us money, we say yes. 

Wouldn't it be nice if it worked that way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment