Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Super Sunday!

This Sunday was awesome!  There's no other way to describe it.  At church on Sunday Sophia was baptised by her Daddy.  It was so special!  She had been asking for over a year and we finally decided that she understood enough to make that decision.  We know she's a bit young, but our Pastor told us that as long as we keep talking about it and teaching her more then he would never want to miss the chance to baptise a child who is eager. She was so cute, right before getting in the water she told us that her legs were shaking.  Two sets of her grandparents were able to come and that made it even more special.

After church we came home and had her 7th birthday party!  My baby is SEVEN! (Almost. Her actual birthday is tomorrow).  We had lunch and then Sophia chose to have another banana split party.  I'm all for that.  No themed cake to bake and decorate.  Simple and yummy! You really can't go wrong with ice cream, chocolate syrup and sprinkles!  We had lots of family over including her two cousins Kaitlynn & Emma.
Sam's going straight for the toppings!

After her party we all relaxed outside while the little ones napped.  It was a gorgeous day.  I fell asleep in my hammock under the deck.  Perfect.  Later that day we had our Kids Club church BBQ/potluck at the park.  The kids had a great time and it was a perfect way to end the day.  I will say that I have always had my reservations about potlucks.  Generally I don't like to eat food when I don't know who made it or where it came from.  I should have stuck with my reservations as I spent all day Monday sick, sick sick.  Food poisoning.  Not fun.  Luckily Chris came home to feed the kids lunch and dinner because there was no way I could go near the kitchen.  A bad Monday though, was totally worth such a great Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment