Thursday, April 26, 2012

I finally made it to the big time!

Well, it's official.  I've made it to the big time!  I'm sure you've been wondering when I'd get the news.  But I did.  Finally.  I have been invited to be included in the 2012 Edition of Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals.  Big.  Time.  Baby.  Cue the applause sign.  Lights.  Jazz hands.  Something.  This is big! 

This published book is so elite.  So competitive.  The true "who's who" that everyone wants to be named in.  Well, except, it's not so elite.  Not so competitive.  Not so "who's who."  I mean, honestly, I haven't worked full-time in a professional manner for 8 1/2 years.  And, I wasn't exactly an executive at that point! 

Last year, about this time, I kept getting the survey.  You're supposed to fill it out and return it for the book.  And send money of course to buy your very own copy.  And several for your closest friends and family to see your accomplishment!  On the form, I had to document my job.  What I did in a given day.  I basically had to write a job description.  I should have saved what I submitted.  It was truly "Who's Who" worthy.  Because, I am the president of the Moon Household Enterprises.  I am also the chief financial officer, the purchaser, the head chef, activity coordinator, teacher, interior decorator, gardener, event coordinator, nurse, oh, let's be honest, the list is long for all moms.  So, obviously, I filled out the form to be funny.  To make a point to the publisher.  Maybe they should do a tiny bit of research before picking the prestigious group of people to be included.  But, get this.  The people from Who's Who called me.  No joke.  They read the submission in all seriousness.  Cannot make this stuff up!  The man on the other line then began to ask me how much time I spent on each activity.  What percentage of your time is spent as the purchaser?  CEO?  On and on.  I laughed and answered him.  I finally had to stop the poor guy and say, "Seriously?  I'm a stay-at-home mom.  Can you not see that?"  The guy was dumb founded and  just said, "so you were joking on this form?"  Um, not really, it's all completely factual.  But, yes, can you please remove me from your esteemed publication?

Then, I got the e-mail again this week.  I am to be included in the 2012 Addition. Can you believe the absurdity of it?  Too bad there's not really Who's Who publications for real things, like Moms or PTO volunteers, etc.  Oh, wait, we're all too busy doing the work to take time to fill out the forms to be included. 

So, I hate to disappoint all of you.  But I will unfortunately not be submitting my information into the book this year.  I know, it's sad.  But, I'm sure I'll have another opportunity next year.  Don't worry, you may still buy the book anyways.  It is a premier source for networking, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment